I am moving from Ynab and like what I see so far. Just a few questions as I am still the first couple hours into using the tool:
- Categories have disappeared. Is this replaced by tags?
- After the first import, many of my accounts have a negative balance. This is simply not true. How do I adjust the balance to what the bank is currently showing?
- I have imported all the data that Buxfer automatically sync, but my budget will only start the beginning of the next month. Thus, the past year is without a budget, is this OK?
- Some budget categories sould have a carry forward like vacation. how do I start as a new member to the app and put 3k into the vacation tag and then increase it by 250 a month thereafter?
- Should I forecast my income as I get paid a fixed salary each month? I read somewhere that forecasting income was only useful if income varies.
- Is there a way to rename accounts?
- I travel a lot with work. I classify all expenses incurred for work as "work expenses" and then get reimbursed by my company and classify that income as "work expenses" typically it is exactly even. I then pay my credit card for work expenses plus personal expenses. How do I best do this in Buxfer?
- Is there a Noobie User Guide for buxfer?
Please sign in to leave a comment.