[WEB] Steps on how to add a recurring transaction through Add:
- Referring to the top of the Buxfer web page, click on Add > +Reminder.
- In the Add Reminder dialog box, input and configure the necessary details in the Add Recurring Transaction dialog box as you deem fit to your current situation
- Click on Add Reminder afterward.
[WEB] How to reach the Add Reminder dialog box in other ways:
- At the top of the Buxfer web page, click on Reminders > Add and you should reach the Add Reminder dialog box.
- At the Transactions List in Forecast, you may click on Add Recurring Expense or Add Recurring Income to be directed to a dialog box with a similar function called Add Recurring Transaction.
[MOBILE] Steps on how to add a transaction through Add Reminder:
- Upon arriving at the Dashboard screen, click on the Menu button at the top-left and proceed with clicking Reminders afterward.
- At the Reminders screen, click on Add Reminder located at the bottom.
- Input the necessary details corresponding to your reminder/recurring expense/recurring income.
- Click Add Reminder afterward.
Anatomy of a Reminder/Recurring Transaction:
- Description — context of what the transaction is.
- Start/Due date — when the transaction occurs/occurred.
- Repeats every — how often the transaction repeats in a given time period.
- Repeat until — the last date of occurrence.
- Amount — the sum of the transaction.
- Transaction Type — click to read a more in-depth explanation of Transaction Types.
- Account — real-life financial account used in the transaction.
- Tags — short description of a transaction for categorization purposes.