[WEB] Steps on how to add a transaction through Add:
- Looking at the top of the Buxfer page, click on Add > +Budget.
- Input and configure the necessary details in the Add Budget dialog box as you deem fit (Tag Name, Budget Type, Budget Period, Start Date, Budgeted Amount Stop Date, Account, Enable Rollover)
- Click on Add Budget afterward.
[WEB] How to reach the Add Budget dialog box in other ways:
- Referring to a tag's page, you may click on Budgeted Amount located at the top part of the page, and the Add Budget dialog box should pop up.
[MOBILE] Steps on how to add a budget through Add Budget:
- Click on the Menu button located at the top-left of the screen.
- Next, click Budgets.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Add Budget and you should be transferred to the Add Budget screen.
- You may then input the necessary details in their respective fields.
- Click Add Budget afterward.
[MOBILE] How to reach the 'Add Budget' screen in other ways:
- Referring to the top of the Dashboard screen, you may click on Budgets and you should then be transferred to the Budgets screen. You may then proceed with steps #3-#5.
Anatomy of a Budget:
- Tag Name - the title of your budget.
- Budget Type - categorize your budgets as either expenditure or savings.
- Budget Period - how often the budget repeats.
- Budgeted Amount - allocated monetary value for the budget.
- Start Date - when the budget first occurred.
- Stop Date - the cutoff date of the budget.
- Account - associated account with the budget.
- Enable Rollover - when enabled, any unpaid/overspent will carry over to the next budgeting period.