[WEB] Steps on how to create a rule through Add:
- Referring to the top of the Buxfer web page, click on Add > +Rule and the Add Rule dialog box should pop up.
- Input and configure the necessary details in the Add Transaction dialog box as you deem fit (Transaction Type, Description, Amount, Date, Account, Tag/s)
- Click on Add Transaction afterward.
[WEB] How to reach the Add Rule dialog box in other ways:
- If you wish to add a rule for adding tags to certain transactions, you may click on the + symbol located at the Tags column on the Transactions List. This would allow you to easily add tags based on the description of the transaction.
- In line with the situation above, you may click on the MORE OPTIONS button and you will then be redirected to the Add Rule dialog box.
- If you already have a rule set up for a transaction and you wish to add more, please click on the ⚡ symbol between the Accounts column and the inverted arrow located at the Transactions List in order for the Applied Rules dialog box to pop-up. Afterward, you may then click on the Add Rule button.
Anatomy of a Rule:
- Filters - used for straining and pinpointing which transactions should be affected by the rule.
- Actions - a set of changes done on filtered transactions.
- Apply to Past Transactions checkbox - when enabled, allows your rule to affect past transactions as well.