[WEB] Steps on how to add a transaction through Add:
- Looking at the top of the Buxfer page, click on Add > +Transaction.
- Input and configure the necessary details in the Add Transaction dialog box as you deem fit (Transaction Type, Description, Amount, Date, Account, Tag/s)
- Click on Add Transaction afterward.
[WEB] How to reach the Add Transaction dialog box in other ways:
- At the Transactions List, you may click on Add Transaction.
[MOBILE] Steps on how to add a transaction through Add Transaction:
- Upon arriving at the Dashboard screen, click on the Add Transaction button below.
- You may then input the necessary details in their respective fields.
- Click Save Transaction afterward.
[MOBILE] How to reach the Add Transaction screen in other ways:
- The Add Transaction button is nearly available at all screens - with Goals, Rules, IOUs, and Contact Us screens being the exemptions.
Anatomy of a Transaction:
- Transaction Type - click to read a more in-depth explanation of Transaction Types.
- Description - context of what the transaction is.
- Amount - the sum of the transaction.
- Date - when the transaction occurred.
- Account - real-life financial account used in the transaction.
- Tags - short description of a transaction for categorization purposes.
- Status - click to read a more in-depth explanation of Status.
- Attachment - files or documents related to the transaction.
- Memo - notes related to the transaction.